Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS'2013)
Wed, 10/07/2013 - 00:00
Thu, 11/07/2013 - 00:00
The Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS'2013) is held in conjunction with the European Conference on Data Analysis in Luxemburg July 10 to 11, 2013
First Announcement and Call for Papers for LIS'2013
The Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS'2013)
is held in conjunction with the European Conference on Data Analysis in Luxemburg July 10 to 11, 2013
The Workshop on Library and Information Science (LIS'2013) solicits contributions on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these area include but are not limited to:
- Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems
- Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
- Open Access to classification systems: How can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
- Linked (subject) data (E.g. Faceted classification and Linked Data architectures: a happy alignment?)
- Classification, Subject indexing and the Semantic Web (E.g. Taxonomies and Semantic Web Ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
- Automatic and manual methods in Classification and Subject indexing (E.g. Mappings, concordances, heuristics)
- Subject retrieval in multilingual, multicultural environments
- Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
The workshop language is English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit
an abstract via the conference website www.gfkl2013.lu or
www.sfc2013.lu. All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process.
Accepted abstracts will be distributed to the conference participants.
The post-conference proceedings will be published in the
Springer Series ‘Studies in Classification, Data Analysis, and
Detailed information about the submission and refereeing
procedures, formatting instructions, transport to Luxembourg
as well as hotel arrangements in Luxembourg will be available
on the conference website www.gfkl2013.lu or
www.sfc2013.lu in October 2012.
February 28, 2013 Deadline for abstract submissions
March 30, 2013 Notification of acceptance of abstract submissions
May 31, 2013 Deadline for early-bird registration
July 10-12, 2013 European Conference on Data Analysis
August 30, 2013 Deadline fpr full-paper submissions
November 15, 2013 Notification of acceptance of full-paper submissions
January 15, 2014 Deadline for camera-ready paper submissions
Scientific Program Committee
* Frank Scholze, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany (Chair)
* Ewald Brahms, Univ. Hildesheim, Germany
* Andreas Geyer-Schulz, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Stefan Gradmann, IBI HU Berlin, Germany
* Hans-Joachim Hermes, TUniv. Chemnitz, Germany
* Monika Lösse, German National Library Leipzig, Germany
* Bernd Lorenz, FHÖV Munich, Germany
* Michael Mönnich, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Sylvia van Peteghem, Univ. Ghent, Belgium
* Heidrun Wiesenmüller, HdM Stuttgart, Germany
Wed, 10/07/2013 - 00:00 - Thu, 11/07/2013 - 00:00
If you have any questions or suggestions?
Feel free to contact us.